Monday, January 17, 2011

{Wedding Theme} Royal Icing decorated Butter Cookies

The things we do for “I Do”
Doesn't it make you wanna say "I do"

Wedding Cookies as favours seem to be a real big hit nowadays. I couldn't agree more {since they are all so delish and gorgeous}, how much work, intricate details and time taken to decorate each cookie. But you know, it's worth it. The look on a soon to be newly weds face says it all.

I've finally signed up for my very first workshop class. { Yeay!!}. All this while I've always wanted to attend cake and cookie decorating workshops, but didn't have the time to do so. This time, I've decided to not allow time to be the excuse; took a step forward and signed up for it.

The workshop teaches us on how to decorate with royal icing. It was so fun as I've finally learnt some tips on decorating with royal icing. I was like a kid in a candy store. Apart from the class, I met a couple of lovely working mothers. Let's just say they allowed me to be the baby among them. {Lol}

Since Chinese New Year is around the corner, I was planning to bake batches of cookies to distribute them to family members and friends. The tips that I learnt would definitely help me to make beautiful cookies. {Lol} So do stay tune for the recipe in my upcoming posts of my Chinese New Year cookies.

Right now, I would love to share with you some photos. Do check out what we did during the workshop. The cookies below are all decorated by {me..mua}. Taking a lot of deep breaths and holding them in to have steady hands. {phew} I'm so proud of myself for doing a good job.

Bridal Gown



Hearts


My very own "Peacock" theme

Wedding Tiered Cake "A HUGE hit"


So, for you soon to be newly weds, if you're interested in ordering from me, do let me know too. Or give me months in advance notice, so I could design, practise and whip something lovely for you.

Till then peeps! Oh and to all of you who are walking down the aisle, CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding.

For dessert, cookies and cake order inquiries, please write to
chicgorgeousdesserts {at} gmail {dot} com
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo-Your wedding cookies are so gorgeous, and the royal icing, the decorations...everything is so meticulous. I think any lucky couple would be honored to have cookies like these done with "love" with your creative hands!
    Hugs, to you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...