Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Very First LOMO..

If you peeps read it as "Lo-Mo" Cantonese style.. Please don't! o_0 Lol.. On the other hand if you've heard of LOMO or LOMOGRAPHY.. I'll try to give you all.. a gist of it as I, myself is very new to LOMO too.

Basically, I've decided to detour a little off from my travels, as I figured I should not bore all of you with all the itsy bitsy travel details. Soon, I'll share with you all another travel place. Now, back to LOMO. I believe I have found a new toy to capture my vacation trips.

Hmm.. apparently LOMOGRAPHY was discovered in the early 1990s when two students in Vienna, Austria, discovered a small enigmatic Russian camera. It's called the Lomo Kompakt Automat. It was said that they started a new style of artistic experimental photography of unorthodox snapshots. And the end results were superb, creative, unique, artsy..

By the way, I found this info from http://www.lomography.com/about . If you're interested to know more, click on the link.

From my own understanding, since I'm digital camera user; for LOMO we are moving back to taking photos the old school style. Yup.. you heard me right. Which means by popping in the film, roll the lever and snap. You might think that's no fun, but after reading several articles, I found it enticing. Seems rather challenging and I'm definitely up for that. There's no such thing as bad photos from somewhere I read >.< as it's all about CREATIVENESS. I truly believe that 101%. Hmmm.. I think have the creative bug in me? Don't you think guys???

There're several types of LOMO cameras. So, recently (Monday, 16 Aug 2010) I bought a new toy.  I'm super uber excited to try out my new toy and can't wait to push my creative side to my limits. Lol.. All I have to do now is wait patiently for my parcel to arrive.

What is this new toy? It's a Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim (UWS) Camera or as some know it as UWS. My UWS is part of the Superheadz series. If fact according to another photographer, the UWS is a reproduction of Vivitar's old wide angle point and shoot -- even made in the same factory.

White Slim Angel,  Black Slim Devil, Pink Dress & Sakurasan

Well, I don't have mine with me yet. At first I wanted the Sakurasan (light pink), thinking of adding a baby sister to my Sony T-10. Plus it's a limited edition. Sigh... Sakurasan was sold out :( and I've to wait for 1 month plus if I want it. Arrrgggghhh.. I just couldn't wait.. so I bought the one white in colour known as "White Slim Angel". Come to think of it, I think "White Slim Angel" suits me since I'm such an Angelica. Lol... ^.^

Meanwhile, do check out links below or the UWS Flickr group or photography websites posted at the sidebar of my blog to tantalise your eyes.

That's all for now, till then.. do tune in for more as I'll be going away on some trips soon and will test out my "White Angel UWS"

 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...