Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Land With Modern "Junk"

Let me bring you back to my very 1st trip abroad.

This place has a blend of Eastern and Western traditions. Looking towards the harbor is a diverse modern metropolis with some old charm, sky scrapers, and endless row of tall buildings where lights lit up the sky at night making the entire city twinkle.

If you're guessing Hong Kong, then you're absolutely right! For those who have not been to Hong Kong, I can assure you that it's every bit like what you see in the Chinese TVB series or HK Blockbuster movies. We visited HK back in Dec, 2007 and the season would be 'Winter'. I must say with the wind blowing against you or at your face sure makes walking from Mong Kok, to the end of East Tsim Tsa Tsui (where The Peninsula Hotel is located) along Nathan Road was sheer joy.

Gloomy day, the best shot I have ;)
Walking Along Nathan Road

Should I recall correctly we stayed in Regal Oriental, Kowloon East area for the entire week. It's a nice little quaint boutique/luxury hotel and we stayed on the 1st floor. It's interior decor was Classic Modern, with clean line furniture, clear screen looking into the bathroom which allows you to pull the shower curtains together for privacy, since the room was rather small. Opposite the hotel/ behind our hotel room view used to be HK's old international airport which has been demolished.

Seating Area Outside 1st Floor Hotel Rooms

As much I like to show you more photos, I had a mishap with my camera where I had no clue how I accidentally deleted all the photos off my memory card in Oceanpark; seated in a cable-car over looking the ocean and hill top. Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I tell you the agony of that moment was so hard to bear as I was about to cry as I thought I'm losing the memory of HK.

One of my very last shots in OceanPark =.=''

Well, luckily for having tech savvy friend; managed to recover most of my HK photos. Anyway moving forward from here, I've highlighted some places I visited and also displayed Hong Kong through my own eyes.



Madame Tussauds Wax Musuem, Hong Kong

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

Located in The Peak Tower at The Peak or Victoria's Peak, which is the highest point of Hong Kong. If  you were to follow a tour group, the tour guide will highlight to you which home belongs to which HK celebrity. Lol... Here are some snapshots of celebrities, world leaders or musicians who have been immortalised as wax figurings.

Celebrities

Bruce Lee, Kelly Chen, Miriam Yeung, The Beatles, BradGelina, Cecilia Cheung, Datuk Michelle Yeoh, Leo Koo, Meryl Streep Harrisson Ford, Bae Yong Jun, Leon Lai, Cher

Pavarotti

Madame Tussauds

World Leaders

Queen Elizabeth, Saddam Hussein, Mahatma Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, Hitler, Lady Diana, George Bush, Bill Clinton

A classic shot of Anita Mui.


There are more about my HK trip. Do tune in for more of Hong Kong through my own eyes.. Till then.. Cheerios!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey foodies! THANK YOU for leaving me with sweet comments. I hope to inspire you like how you inspire me. Cheers~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...